note: i wish I had some elaborate reason like we won a million dollars and have been vacationing for the past 2 months, or hey baby #2 is on the way and i just havent had the energy to blog, but instead you get the lame "life happens" reason, sorry.....
moving on......lets do this is bullet fashion for the time being
- Matthew turned 1 three weeks ago today! I cant believe how time has flown by so quickly. We had an awesome mickey mouse inspired birthday celebration the Saturday after his birthday. Man does this kid have alot of people who love him and want to spoil him! You should see all the new toys, to the point where im thinking of hiding a few and rewrapping for christmas? what?! dont be jealous you didnt think of it. is not like he will even know, especially if he never gets to play with them in the first place
- Speaking of Matthew turning one, i still havent published his birth story. i know total mom & blogger fail. Part 1 is complete and i should just hit publish, but if I do that it means i have to finish part 2......
- We got family photos taken a couple weeks before matthews birthday by the same photographer who did my maternity pictures. I think they turned out great and I promise to share them all with you soon!
- We also took Matthew to the beach for the first time. I know, kinda odd considering we live so close. It was a quick trip with just me and hubs, but i wanted to do the monumental "First trip" before summer came around so that my sister could take him and her kids to the beach if she wanted.
- Operation Bathroom Renovation is in full swing. We're currently living at my parents house and have been since Memorial Day weekend. The first week we were here my parents were actually still in New Jersey, but all the following weeks we've been all living under the same roof again. it was nice in the beginning, having that extra hand to help with Matthew, my laundry getting done every day (my mom has a laundry addiction), and home cooked meals on table before 6:30, but now, lets just say its time to have our own space again. Hubs is working on the bathroom as much as he can, but with him working a regular M-F 9-5 job, he only has the weekends to work on the bathroom, and the past couple of weekends have been extremely busy.
- The big project i was working on for my day job has come to somewhat of a completion. Allowing me a few extra spare moments during the day to catch up on blogging. There are a few lingering projects, but for the most part it was a great success rebranding the entire company. Looking back, i understand why i was so stressed, i mean hell i lost about 10lbs just from skipping lunch everyday for about 3 weeks, but it was all so worth it (not the skipping lunch part, i actually missed that). And because of my hard work and all the effort i put into the project, the head of the company actualy gave me the "Pony of the week" award that our company gives out each week. It was nice to be acknowledged in front of the entire company and rewarded (even if it was only a $25 giftcard) for all the hard work i had done.
- On a completely separate topic, im really starting to get the baby fever over here again. I dont know if its all the mommy bloggers who are pregnant again, the fact that I am planning my sister-in-laws baby shower for this august, or one of my best friends is pregnant again with another baby girl. But im not going to lie, my ovaries are definitely feeling the need for more babies! probably not a good time to bring it up to hubs tho, you know considering the fact that we are currently leaving with my parents again! oh yeah that thing :/
- And also, the next lingering thought in my head, that relates to the last bullet, if we do decide on baby #2 relatively soon, we will most definitely be in need of a bigger home. What am i talking about? whether we have another kid or not we need a bigger home! a 2/1 is just not big enough for us anymore, and I am way over having my office in the dining room, and in return having no dinning room!
- Weight watchers has been going really good for me lately (probably due to the whole stress thing....) and Ive lost a total of 28.2lbs. I felt extremely proud of myself at the birthday party when everyone kept complementing me on how much weight ive lost. Its always nice when someonve else sees the difference and dedication.
- That being I bought my new rollerblades but with the welcoming of summer it has been just WAAAAAAYYY to hot outside down he in SoFl. Plus my stroller isnt really made for that kid of exercise. Ive been on the hunt for a Bob Revolution SE stroller. I tried it out when I went with my SIL to register at BabiesRUs and fell in love. Im not even embarrassed to admit Ive been scouring craiglist like a mad woman. Thinking of maybe stopping by the local consignment shop too to see if they have one.
hopefully theyll be posted sooner than later. we shall see.