• Home
  • About Me
  • Our House

3/30/13

my lil bunny's easter basket

A tisket, a tasket, ideas for your little bunny's Easter basket!
Matthew is still to young to really understand or enjoy Easter this year, and probably next year too, but I just couldnt resist putting together an awesome 1st Easter basket for him. I figured Id share with all of you whats going in it in case any of you are having trouble figure out what to get your baby younger than 1yr old.
Jellycat Bunny // Caterpillar teether // Bunny Bowl // Peach Puffs // Easter book
easter basket // basket liner // pacifiers // Sippy Cup (similar) // mickey easter book
runaway bunny // peter rabbit // what is easter book
Easter Basket itself. I knew I wanted it personalized and Ive always loved the classic Peter Rabbit opposed to the cartoonish bunnies. So I turned to Pottery Barn Kids. I know i show the white basket here, but I actually got the Chesnut version. And I just have to say, PBK has awesome customer service. I ordered both the basket and the liner, and then the following day I got an email saying all the easter stuff was on sale. So i quick called them and they gave me a refund for the difference. Score! Something you may notice, there isnt any candy or sweets. I decided I didnt want to include these for two reasons. One being hes too young to have candy, and two being I want to save his first time ever eating sweets to be his smash cake at his first birthday (t-minus 67days and counting). But i did want to put some kind of treat in there for him. So thats where the Puffs come in handy. Im actually going to use them to fill the easter eggs we will be hiding around the living room too.
You also may notice, i went a little crazy on the books. I just cant help it. I love books and I hope to pass that love on to all my children. I got a couple classics like Peter Rabbit and the Runaway Bunny, but also included a book about what easter really is, as well as his favorite Mickey Mouse themed Easter book. And the little green easter book is really small and plastic. Great for him to hold and chew on in church service on Sunday morning.

I also included an easter bowl and a new sippy cup. The sippy cup is not only easter but also Mickey Mouse so it was a win win in my eyes. The pacifiers arent easter but they are spring colors ;)

And last but not least i had to include a stuffed bunny. I was going to just get one from CVS but then i saw this craze all over Facebook about a Jellycat. So i looked it up on amazon and i found a tannish colored one i thought was cute. They come in a bunch of colors and 3 sizes and i got the large one. Im so happy i did, it could definitely in my eyes become a stuffed animal that matthew will carry around as he grows up.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

things i blog about

#Roads #SentimentalJourney 14months 2012 2013 3 months 4th of july about me about us advice anniversaries babies baby #1 baby blues baby boy style baby elf baby fever baby giraffe baby pumpkin baby shower baby-free weekend babys firs valentine's day babys first bath babys first christmas babys first easter babys first halloween babys first pumpkin babys first pumpkin patch babys first smiles babys first thanksgiving bachelorettes beach beauty before and after bin laden birth birth story birthday giving birthdays birthing books Brave bunny business cameras careers celebrations challenges Chris Mann christmas christmas eve cold weather confessions conneticut constests country country music cousin frankie cousins cruises currently day-in-the-life deals death debt design diet disappointment Disney disney pumpkin donate dream house earache easter easter basket elections emergency room emmy rossum exercise fall family fashion featured posts finances five on friday florida football freebies fridays letters friends fundraise gender reveal gift giving gifts giveaway goals grandparents hair halloween health high school history holiday bucket list holidays home home tour house renovation hubby i won infantino inpiration intro iPhone iphone 5 jack-o-lantern kitchen labor life living room love Luminous married life marry-wed game matthew me memories merry christmas mickey mouse jack-o-lantern mickey mouse pumpkin milestones mommy meltdown monthly updates movies music my family rocks neighborhood New Jersey new mom new york niece oceans office pajamas parenting parents photo challenge photography photography business pinterest pixar PONDS post-baby pre-baby pregnancy premama prenatals procrastination product reviews project31 project365 pumpkin patch pumpkins questions quotes recipes republican reviews road trip Roads rock the ocean rolling stone sante fe saving schedules shopping shopping cart cover show and tell sick sleep issues snow so what social sponsored spring stress style swingset target tuesday tennessee thanksgiving The Croods The Little Mermaid The Voice things we love thoughts throwback thursdays TLC toddler tortuga music festival traditions trendy tot tuesday TTC turkey ultimate blog party vacation valentine's day videos vitamins voting vows walking weddedn bliss wednesdays wedding bliss wednesday weddings wednesday weigh-in wee bit wednesday weight weight watchers wife wine night winners winter wish list wordless{ish} Wednesday work working from home working mom year in review