• Home
  • About Me
  • Our House

3/30/13

what makes you feel luminous?

When it comes to beauty, do you prefer same 'ol same 'ol or spice it up with something NEW?
 
Im always skeptical about buying new beauty products. Im kinda that girl who found what worked for her in high school and hasnt changed my daily routine since then. I have my particular foaming face wash, which i can only get at Ulta now, my certain shampoo and conditioner, my one foundation.......i think you get the point. But I figured, its been a good 12 years, i might as well see if something else worked better or different for me.
I normally splurge on something like a spa day or manicure pedicure or a new outfit to make me feel rejuvenated and luminous. But since I cant exactly afford any of those oh-so-appealing ideas right now, I  was excited when I got the opportunity to try out the new PONDS Luminous line, i figured i might as well give it a shot. I wasnt expecting any miracles, but I was hoping for something new and improved. And let me tell you,  i wasnt disappointed.
I first started out with the POND'S Lumious Clean Wet Cleansing Towelettes to see if it would take all my makeup off.  What drew me to this first is that its said to be hypoallergenic, dermatoligists tested, AND safe for contact lens wearers. All this that normally lead to me being skeptical. I tend to break out easily for new products and I wear contacts on a daily basis. So before I could even get it out of the packaging I noticed that it smelled really nice. I know that kinda sounds like me trying to sell it, but honestly it really does smell pretty. Unfortunately, I wasnt as impressed with how it took my makeup off. The towelette itself was really soft and was very moist, probably since its enriched with soft white Kaolin clay. Normally towelettes are too dry for my face, but this one wasnt. However, i didnt really feel like it got all of the makeup off. It claims that it draws out trapped makeup but i still felt like i was wearing mascara when i was done. I dont see myself buying these for $4.99 for a 30 pack, but i would probably recommend my mother, who uses cleansing towelettes, to try these out next time. So my disappointment lead me to immediately try the next product.
The POND'S Lumious Clean Cream Cleanser. Im used to using cream cleansers, as before i started using the foaming face wash i currently use, I had always used a cream cleanser. It claims to also draw out makeup and trapped impurities. Which it indeed did. And it left my face feeling soft. I always have a difficult time liking new cleansers since they normally leave my face feel pretty dry. The POND'S cleanser didnt though, and not only did it leave it soft but there was no residue feeling after either. It went on nice and creamy and you only needed a little bit of it to cover your entire face. This time it did take off all my mascara so I was very happy.  And at only $5.79 for a 6oz bottle, i can definitely see myself buying more of this in the future.

The POND'S luminous line also includes a Daily Exfoliating Cleanser. It contains mircrobeads and helps to remove dull, lifeless skin. Normally I try to stay clear or any products that say "exfoliating" because they usually contain some kind of bead in them. And the beads normaly irritate my face. Not this one. The beads are just what they claim, micro. So small that I hardly even noticed there were beads in them at all. Just like the other products in the line, its also enriched with soft white  Kaolin clay, so Im assuming thats a good factor on why it too left my face feeling soft. Its also only $5.79 but it is only 5oz making it 1 oz smaller than the cream cleanser.

I decided to wait to try the last product, the latest addition to the POND’S® Luminous Line, POND’S® Luminous Moisture™ Day Lotion with SPF 15, until a day I knew i would be out in the sun for a long time. The weightless SPF 15 formula contains UVA and UVB sun protection against skin-damaging rays and since i knew we were going to a friends sons first birthday at a park  i figured it would be a great time to give it a shot. I dont normally put moisturizer on when Im going outside for a long period of time because it normally makes my face end up oily. I put it on right before I put my makeup on for the party. Let me tell you, it didnt make my face oily one litlle bit. I loved it. And I knwo it protected my skin from the sun, because my hubby cant a little noticeable color from the sun, and a friend looked at me and said, without knowing I was wearing sunscreen, "you dont look like you got sun." I will definitely buying more of this. Especially since the hotter months are just right around the corner here in south florida.

Also, just something else to note, this month, Molly Sims joins POND’S® to help women experience the “luminous effect” that comes with having great skin. Together, they are launching the “POND’S® 30-Day Luminous Photo Challenge,” a 30-day photo sweepstakes featuring daily challenges to inspire women to share photos of their happiest, most radiant moments. Thirty prizes will be awarded so women can live life more luminously. From March 4 through April 2, women can upload pictures to the POND’S® Facebook page or share via Twitter or Instagram by using the hashtag #LuminousEffect. Below are some of Molly Sims' Tops for looking Lumious!

  1. Picture Perfect:  My secret to feeling and looking camera ready starts with radiant skin. I rely on POND’S® Luminous Moisture™ Day Lotion with SPF 15 to brighten dull skin. The new moisturizer is enriched with illuminating minerals and contains SPF 15 that protects against skin-damaging rays.
  2. Nighttime Ritual:  I never go to bed without washing my face.  As a busy mom, I go for time savers wherever possible.  I like a cleanser that both cleanses and removes makeup in one step. POND’S® Luminous Clean™ Wet Cleansing Towelettes gently draws out trapped impurities and makeup to brighten dull skin.
  3. Feed the Glow: I start the day off with a green juice to kick start my morning.  It keeps me energized and does wonders for my complexion.
  4. Feel the Burn: Early morning exercise puts color on my cheeks and improves my whole body circulation.  A great workout also helps to enhance my skin color and complexion.
  5. Buff Your Way to Beautiful:  For great circulation and even tone skin, I recommend exfoliating your face, body and even your lips.  It can leave you looking good and feeling radiant in no time.
  6. Find Your Center: Taming stress is important to help you look your luminous best.  I use regular breathing exercises to help keep me calm and centered.
  7. Lights, Camera:  Every woman can look luminous from within – but great lighting can help, too.  One trick I’ve learned before snapping a photo is to step away from overhead lights to avoid shadows on the face.
  8. Glowing Touch:  A highlighter is one of my favorite beauty tricks to instantly look healthier and younger. I apply it anywhere that needs a little radiance:  under my eyes to minimize dark circles and on the brow bone to draw attention to my eyes.
  9. Lighten Up:  When posing for pictures, I make a point to smile big.  Your face will light up and you will instantly look and feel luminous.
The complete Luminous Line is available at mass retailers, select drugstores and supermarkets nationwide for a suggested retail price of $4.99 - $5.79.





I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. By posting, I am eligible for incentive. I received product to facilitate my post, but all opinions stated are my own.

No comments:

things i blog about

#Roads #SentimentalJourney 14months 2012 2013 3 months 4th of july about me about us advice anniversaries babies baby #1 baby blues baby boy style baby elf baby fever baby giraffe baby pumpkin baby shower baby-free weekend babys firs valentine's day babys first bath babys first christmas babys first easter babys first halloween babys first pumpkin babys first pumpkin patch babys first smiles babys first thanksgiving bachelorettes beach beauty before and after bin laden birth birth story birthday giving birthdays birthing books Brave bunny business cameras careers celebrations challenges Chris Mann christmas christmas eve cold weather confessions conneticut constests country country music cousin frankie cousins cruises currently day-in-the-life deals death debt design diet disappointment Disney disney pumpkin donate dream house earache easter easter basket elections emergency room emmy rossum exercise fall family fashion featured posts finances five on friday florida football freebies fridays letters friends fundraise gender reveal gift giving gifts giveaway goals grandparents hair halloween health high school history holiday bucket list holidays home home tour house renovation hubby i won infantino inpiration intro iPhone iphone 5 jack-o-lantern kitchen labor life living room love Luminous married life marry-wed game matthew me memories merry christmas mickey mouse jack-o-lantern mickey mouse pumpkin milestones mommy meltdown monthly updates movies music my family rocks neighborhood New Jersey new mom new york niece oceans office pajamas parenting parents photo challenge photography photography business pinterest pixar PONDS post-baby pre-baby pregnancy premama prenatals procrastination product reviews project31 project365 pumpkin patch pumpkins questions quotes recipes republican reviews road trip Roads rock the ocean rolling stone sante fe saving schedules shopping shopping cart cover show and tell sick sleep issues snow so what social sponsored spring stress style swingset target tuesday tennessee thanksgiving The Croods The Little Mermaid The Voice things we love thoughts throwback thursdays TLC toddler tortuga music festival traditions trendy tot tuesday TTC turkey ultimate blog party vacation valentine's day videos vitamins voting vows walking weddedn bliss wednesdays wedding bliss wednesday weddings wednesday weigh-in wee bit wednesday weight weight watchers wife wine night winners winter wish list wordless{ish} Wednesday work working from home working mom year in review