• Home
  • About Me
  • Our House

2/16/11

limbo

I constantly feel as though everything is in limbo. The house, TTC, job, friends, the list goes on. All I think about these days is trying to start a family. But I know we need to be responsible and get the things done to the house before we start TTC.
On our honeymoon we had talked about our plan for when to start. We decided that we would first get the kitchen done. A reasonable timeline we agreed was 4-5 months. That would mean we would start TTC in April or May. Ok, so I wanted to start sooner, but this was our compromise. Then of course we get the notice from the insurance company that if our roof isnt replaced by Nov 2011 they'll drop our policy. can you say BRICK WALL. Thanks insurance co. :(
So we talked again, we cant really afford both the kitchen and a roof within 4-5 months. And although we have till Nov, we cant actually wait till then. For one, trying to do a roof in south florida during hurrican season and/or rainy season would be absolutely ridiculous. So that pushes the roof before the kitchen. I  knew as I said it what it meant, "So we have to push TTC farther back?" yep :(
Well we finally did our taxes last night with my aunt. Seems like we are getting more back than I had hoped. That means that maybe with the money from the wedding and our tax refund 4-5months is still possible? I didnt want to bring it up with DH right away. I feel like if he does realize I have baby fever he may freak out.
But then I start thinking, what if we have trouble TTC? They say that it takes 6months to year to regulate your cycles after being on birth control for so long. What if it takes us a long time to get pregnant? Should we start now, that way it goes faster? But then what if I get pregnant on the first cycle, cause that happens too. And in that case the roof and kitchen arent done. Then I kind of feel like, well hell we have 9 months before the baby actually comes, why cant we do the renovations during that time. Thats where DH and his responsible self come in, he doesnt think its safe for me being pregnant to be in a house under construction (I know how cute, hes thinking like a father and good husband).
Then I have my sis and one of my good friends constantly asking when Im going to get pregnant. Trust me girls, I want to, its just not that easy right this second. I guess I just needed to get that all out. Back to limbo I go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

things i blog about

#Roads #SentimentalJourney 14months 2012 2013 3 months 4th of july about me about us advice anniversaries babies baby #1 baby blues baby boy style baby elf baby fever baby giraffe baby pumpkin baby shower baby-free weekend babys firs valentine's day babys first bath babys first christmas babys first easter babys first halloween babys first pumpkin babys first pumpkin patch babys first smiles babys first thanksgiving bachelorettes beach beauty before and after bin laden birth birth story birthday giving birthdays birthing books Brave bunny business cameras careers celebrations challenges Chris Mann christmas christmas eve cold weather confessions conneticut constests country country music cousin frankie cousins cruises currently day-in-the-life deals death debt design diet disappointment Disney disney pumpkin donate dream house earache easter easter basket elections emergency room emmy rossum exercise fall family fashion featured posts finances five on friday florida football freebies fridays letters friends fundraise gender reveal gift giving gifts giveaway goals grandparents hair halloween health high school history holiday bucket list holidays home home tour house renovation hubby i won infantino inpiration intro iPhone iphone 5 jack-o-lantern kitchen labor life living room love Luminous married life marry-wed game matthew me memories merry christmas mickey mouse jack-o-lantern mickey mouse pumpkin milestones mommy meltdown monthly updates movies music my family rocks neighborhood New Jersey new mom new york niece oceans office pajamas parenting parents photo challenge photography photography business pinterest pixar PONDS post-baby pre-baby pregnancy premama prenatals procrastination product reviews project31 project365 pumpkin patch pumpkins questions quotes recipes republican reviews road trip Roads rock the ocean rolling stone sante fe saving schedules shopping shopping cart cover show and tell sick sleep issues snow so what social sponsored spring stress style swingset target tuesday tennessee thanksgiving The Croods The Little Mermaid The Voice things we love thoughts throwback thursdays TLC toddler tortuga music festival traditions trendy tot tuesday TTC turkey ultimate blog party vacation valentine's day videos vitamins voting vows walking weddedn bliss wednesdays wedding bliss wednesday weddings wednesday weigh-in wee bit wednesday weight weight watchers wife wine night winners winter wish list wordless{ish} Wednesday work working from home working mom year in review