• Home
  • About Me
  • Our House

9/11/12

Show & Tell: Baby Talk

So I figured to get back in the swing of things I would start by linking up with a couple fellow bloggers.So technically Becky has it as a Monday linkup, but we all know how I like to procrastinate......

1. Tell us your favorite baby names? Aside from your own babies, if you have some :)
Of course the hubby wanted a junior so we went with Matthew. Funny thing is, I remember in like 5th grade wanting a son named Matthew and I didnt even know my husband yet. If we didnt go with Matthew I was dead set on Luke (maybe baby boy #2?) And as far as girls go I already know exactly what were going with if when the day comes, Emma Rose. Emma after my grandmother, and Rose after his grandma. I absolutely love it, and hubby agreed to it before we even found out what the sex was during my pregnancy.

2. Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}
We actually went with a nautical theme for Matthew's nursery and i do really love how it turned out (more on that later), but maybe for baby #2 we could choose one of these themes. I think they are both absolutely precious. Totally coincidental that they both have white furniture and use grey as the accent color.

3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart?
So Ive always imagined having a full house and I do still wish for that, however I know we probably wont be able to afford a bunch a kids. My dream would be 5 (dont laugh), however realistically I can see us probably having 3. I know we both want a boy and a girl, but for some reason both hubby and I think we will end up with 3 boys. And if thats the case, I secretly think I would try to persuade hubby to try again a 4th time so I can have my lil girl ;)
As far as age gaps goes. I always said I would never have children as far apart as me and my sister. She is 6 years older than I am, and I feel like we didnt really like each other until she went away for college. However, I dont want to have children too close either, because I feel like I wouldnt be able to enjoy each one if we did it that way. Hubby and I were thinking we would ideally like them about 18months apart. We shall see.....

4. Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?
There really is no short answer to the question. And I think many bloggers agree with me on this if you go through the linky list. But personally I really think its all about teaching your kids right and wrong, while also making memories they can look back at and know that family is something you truly cherish. Thats how my parents raised my sister and I and I think we turned out pretty good (ha, for the most part lol)

5. Show us your favorite newborn photo {can be your children or random}
I wish I could show you one of Matthew as a brand new baby, unfortunately due to him being in the NICU there are only lots of pics with wires on him :(  the really cute ones came a couple weeks lately when he was at home.
Instead I show you one I pinned on Pinterest back when I first found out I was pregnant 
 {source}
And yes, I did have a family friend crochet this adorable moneky outfit for me. And it may not be a newborn pic, but Matthew is only 3 months in this pic :)

6.  Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}
Ill completely admit, I kept telling myself during my pregnancy that as babies I would not put my children in front of a TV.  Yep. Fail. Matthew loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins. Its basically the only way I got to take a shower in month 2.
But seeing that he is still only 3 months, we will have to revisit this questions in a couple more months.....


Now, dont forget to go link up and see what everyone else had to share. Trust me there are many of us in the same position and lots of cool nursery inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment

things i blog about

#Roads #SentimentalJourney 14months 2012 2013 3 months 4th of july about me about us advice anniversaries babies baby #1 baby blues baby boy style baby elf baby fever baby giraffe baby pumpkin baby shower baby-free weekend babys firs valentine's day babys first bath babys first christmas babys first easter babys first halloween babys first pumpkin babys first pumpkin patch babys first smiles babys first thanksgiving bachelorettes beach beauty before and after bin laden birth birth story birthday giving birthdays birthing books Brave bunny business cameras careers celebrations challenges Chris Mann christmas christmas eve cold weather confessions conneticut constests country country music cousin frankie cousins cruises currently day-in-the-life deals death debt design diet disappointment Disney disney pumpkin donate dream house earache easter easter basket elections emergency room emmy rossum exercise fall family fashion featured posts finances five on friday florida football freebies fridays letters friends fundraise gender reveal gift giving gifts giveaway goals grandparents hair halloween health high school history holiday bucket list holidays home home tour house renovation hubby i won infantino inpiration intro iPhone iphone 5 jack-o-lantern kitchen labor life living room love Luminous married life marry-wed game matthew me memories merry christmas mickey mouse jack-o-lantern mickey mouse pumpkin milestones mommy meltdown monthly updates movies music my family rocks neighborhood New Jersey new mom new york niece oceans office pajamas parenting parents photo challenge photography photography business pinterest pixar PONDS post-baby pre-baby pregnancy premama prenatals procrastination product reviews project31 project365 pumpkin patch pumpkins questions quotes recipes republican reviews road trip Roads rock the ocean rolling stone sante fe saving schedules shopping shopping cart cover show and tell sick sleep issues snow so what social sponsored spring stress style swingset target tuesday tennessee thanksgiving The Croods The Little Mermaid The Voice things we love thoughts throwback thursdays TLC toddler tortuga music festival traditions trendy tot tuesday TTC turkey ultimate blog party vacation valentine's day videos vitamins voting vows walking weddedn bliss wednesdays wedding bliss wednesday weddings wednesday weigh-in wee bit wednesday weight weight watchers wife wine night winners winter wish list wordless{ish} Wednesday work working from home working mom year in review