One thing I am so very proud of myself for this week is that I started to explore more with healthier recipes, both cooking and baking. And yes there is a major difference, I can bake basically anything, cooking on the other hand I tend to
I also realized that although I have blatantly stated that Im following the Weight Watchers program, I havent really talked in depth about how it works. Not that Im a professional when it comes to it, but I figured for those of you wondering exactly how it works I could maybe give you a little insight.
- First you get a personalized daily PointPlus Target.
- Its based on you height, weight, age and gender
- You must eat your daily target points, but if you go over you have a weekly points allowance you can borrow from (but no rollovers lol)
- Its calculated based on the foods content of protein, fiber, fat, and carbs
- They even have a calculator and barcode scanner in the app that makes it super easy for you
- So STOCK up!!!
- And try to eat at least 1 fruit or veggie with each meal or snack (this has helped me ALOT!)
- These points swap one-for-one with food points, but you can also choose not to swap them, its up to you
- You can figure out how many activity points youve earned a few ways
- The pocket guide you receive during your first meeting gives a a great chart that calculates using your weight, duration of activity, and level of exertion
- If you have eTools there is a whole database of activities that you can just plug in
- Or if you are an ActiveLink subscriber you can wear the little device and it monitors your daily activity and automatically syncs with your eTools
On to this weeks summary
lbs shed this week: -2.8
lbs shed in total: -7.6
lbs still need to shed: 42.4
first goal: 10lbs
- reward: maybe a trip to the hair salon?
- reward: new outfit?
- reward: epiphanie camera bag
exercise: none this week, but I think its about time to start incorporating it into my routine. im thinking walking, rollerblading, or maybe even bike riding (i saw a cute little seat that matthew can sit in while i ride!)