• Home
  • About Me
  • Our House

1/30/13

wednesday weigh-in: week 3

So not sure if everyone saw that I updated last weeks weigh-in on Saturday, but I ended up gaining slightly. It was only a small amount so Im not going to kill myself over it, but it still does get me down a little. I told myself a few thing after I got on that scale 1) at least you didnt gain more and 2) that just means I have to work harder this coming week. Which I wish I could say I did, but I have a feeling I didnt. It isnt anything in particular, but to start with it was a shorter week between weigh-ins (Sat - tonight).

One thing I am so very proud of myself for this week is that I started to explore more with healthier recipes, both cooking and baking. And yes there is a major difference, I can bake basically anything, cooking on the other hand I tend to completely and udderly destroy not do so well with. But thanks to one of my lovely readers (thanks samantha!) i found a couple of awesome sources for healthy recipes. This week alone I made Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf Muffins (perfect for portion control), an Apple Cinnamon Tart, and a Slow Cooker Apple Bacon BBQ Chicken. (notice I have a thing for apples? lol) I made sure to have the hubs try each one, and even made some for my sis and bro-in-law to try as well to get there opinions. Mostly good reviews, a few minor tweaks needed for others.

I also realized that although I have blatantly stated that Im following the Weight Watchers program, I havent really talked in depth about how it works. Not that Im a professional when it comes to it, but I figured for those of you wondering exactly how it works I could maybe give you a  little insight.
  1. First you get a personalized daily PointPlus Target.
    • Its based on you height, weight, age and gender
    • You must eat your daily target points, but if you go over you have a weekly points allowance you can borrow from (but no rollovers lol)
  2. Every food has a PointsPlus value
    • Its calculated based on the foods content of protein, fiber, fat, and carbs
    • They even have a calculator and barcode scanner in the app that makes it super easy for you
  3. Fresh Fruit and most veggies are 0 PointsPlus value
    • So STOCK up!!!
    • And try to eat at least 1 fruit or veggie with each meal or snack (this has helped me ALOT!)
  4. You can even earn MORE points each day for activity
    • These points swap one-for-one with food points, but you can also choose not to swap them, its up to you
    • You can figure out how many activity points youve earned a few ways
      1. The pocket guide you receive during your first meeting gives a a great chart that calculates using your weight, duration of activity, and level of exertion
      2. If you have eTools there is a whole database of activities that you can just plug in
      3. Or if you are an ActiveLink subscriber you can wear the little device and it monitors your daily activity and automatically syncs with your eTools
I also found this great comparison chart on the difference between Weight Watchers and all the other quick fad diets and thought it was a great reference. I know Ive personally been one to fall for quick fix diets and they never work for me in the long run. As Ive mentioned before, weight watchers is a lifestyle change!

 I hope this helped answer any of your questions. If you want to know more about any particular topic just comment below and Ill try to answer the best I can.

On to this weeks summary


lbs shed this week: -2.8

lbs shed in total: -7.6 

lbs still need to shed: 42.4 

first goal: 10lbs
  •     reward: maybe a trip to the hair salon?
second goal: 25lbs
  •     reward: new outfit?
final goal:  50lbs
success: exploring different healthier recipes

set-backs: i admit, i stepped on my home scale multiple times this week. I know i shouldnt, but i guess since im doubting my progress this week i wanted to see if i was doing better, but it only made me feel guilty for every little thing i put in my mouth.

exercise: none this week, but I think its about time to start incorporating it into my routine. im thinking walking, rollerblading, or maybe even bike riding (i saw a cute little seat that matthew can sit in while i ride!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

things i blog about

#Roads #SentimentalJourney 14months 2012 2013 3 months 4th of july about me about us advice anniversaries babies baby #1 baby blues baby boy style baby elf baby fever baby giraffe baby pumpkin baby shower baby-free weekend babys firs valentine's day babys first bath babys first christmas babys first easter babys first halloween babys first pumpkin babys first pumpkin patch babys first smiles babys first thanksgiving bachelorettes beach beauty before and after bin laden birth birth story birthday giving birthdays birthing books Brave bunny business cameras careers celebrations challenges Chris Mann christmas christmas eve cold weather confessions conneticut constests country country music cousin frankie cousins cruises currently day-in-the-life deals death debt design diet disappointment Disney disney pumpkin donate dream house earache easter easter basket elections emergency room emmy rossum exercise fall family fashion featured posts finances five on friday florida football freebies fridays letters friends fundraise gender reveal gift giving gifts giveaway goals grandparents hair halloween health high school history holiday bucket list holidays home home tour house renovation hubby i won infantino inpiration intro iPhone iphone 5 jack-o-lantern kitchen labor life living room love Luminous married life marry-wed game matthew me memories merry christmas mickey mouse jack-o-lantern mickey mouse pumpkin milestones mommy meltdown monthly updates movies music my family rocks neighborhood New Jersey new mom new york niece oceans office pajamas parenting parents photo challenge photography photography business pinterest pixar PONDS post-baby pre-baby pregnancy premama prenatals procrastination product reviews project31 project365 pumpkin patch pumpkins questions quotes recipes republican reviews road trip Roads rock the ocean rolling stone sante fe saving schedules shopping shopping cart cover show and tell sick sleep issues snow so what social sponsored spring stress style swingset target tuesday tennessee thanksgiving The Croods The Little Mermaid The Voice things we love thoughts throwback thursdays TLC toddler tortuga music festival traditions trendy tot tuesday TTC turkey ultimate blog party vacation valentine's day videos vitamins voting vows walking weddedn bliss wednesdays wedding bliss wednesday weddings wednesday weigh-in wee bit wednesday weight weight watchers wife wine night winners winter wish list wordless{ish} Wednesday work working from home working mom year in review