• Home
  • About Me
  • Our House

1/9/13

wednesday weigh-in

Its official. Im starting weight watchers again. Like I said on Friday, there are no more excuses. Matthew is now 7 months old and I should be back to my old weight by now. Or better yet, i should be back to my ideal weight. Ive done the weight watchers plan a few times before and I know it definitely works. And it is really all about fitting it into your own life.

I say this because, yes, Ive done the program multiple times, with multiple successful endings. But they were at different times in my life. The first time I did it I was still in college. I dont didnt cook, i ate alot of fast food, and had no time (between full time school, internship, and full time waitress) to exercise at all. So I was successful by literally eating all the frozen, SmartOnes meals for every meal of the day. Can you say sodium overload? Which in my eyes at the time, I had no problem with. I shed close to 20lbs. And was happy with how it worked, but Ill admit, I think I quit from boredom with the meals. (not the programs fault, but more of my own)

The second time I was out of college, newly engaged, and had a particular deadline (my wedding) to shed the pounds for. I think it was the goal part that motivated me this time. I also got my mom, sister, and best friend involved too, since they saw how easily I was shed the weight last time. Plus, I started exploring more on how I could be creative with the little bit of cooking I knew how to do.  In the end, I think I weighed the second lowest I had my entire life! (the first being sophomore year in high school when I was on the softball team) With a total of over 35lbs shed by my wedding day. I had accomplished my goal. I fit into a gown I only dreamed I could ever fit into. Dare I even say "I looked HOT" for my honeymoon. The same honeymoon that had an open buffet practically 24/7. The same honeymoon I came back from 5lbs heavier and hit with the holiday season of delicious delights back to back.


Ill take 100% responsibility when i say "I got LAZY." I gave up. Going back to my old ways by default. Making myself believe I was giving my self a "break" and would easily jump back on the program whenever I felt like it. Then a few weeks went by. I was embarrassed to go back to my meetings. Even though I knew damn well my leader and other members would welcome me back with open arms and encourage me to not let the past hinder me from making healthier choices now. Then a few months went by. I was back to my heavy point. And then I received the most wonderful news I could ever imagine. I was pregnant! There was a little baby growing inside of me. Out the window went any thought of a diet. I did tell myself I wouldnt become one of those "eating for two" pregnant ladies, and I didnt. But I still gained close to 30lbs by the end of my pregnancy.

I always new I would go back to Weight Watchers when I was ready. And that time has finally come. Tonight is my first meeting. 6:30pm. With my old leader. And bonus? My sis and brother-in-law are doing it with me too!

Im not going to share my actual weight here (bc what woman wants to do that? lol) but I will be sharing my progress, be it with pics or pounds ive shed. Ill share my ups, downs, and in-betweens. And hopefully by doing this I can hold myself somewhat accountable. Lets start with a before picture:


Oh and just so that I make this extremely clear, this is not a resolution. As Ive said before, I hate that word. To me, this is more a lifestyle change. A goal for me to be healthier, not only for myself, but for my son. And a goal for me to look & feel better, not only for myself, but for my husband. And for the rest of you out their who are trying to do the same, even if it is one of your resolutions, I ask for you to join with me and share your progress, challenges, and healthy tips! Good Luck to ALL of us!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking about trying Weight Watchers but I hate leaving the apartment. I've packed on so much weight since having my son & I don't get any exercise at all. :(

    ReplyDelete

things i blog about

#Roads #SentimentalJourney 14months 2012 2013 3 months 4th of july about me about us advice anniversaries babies baby #1 baby blues baby boy style baby elf baby fever baby giraffe baby pumpkin baby shower baby-free weekend babys firs valentine's day babys first bath babys first christmas babys first easter babys first halloween babys first pumpkin babys first pumpkin patch babys first smiles babys first thanksgiving bachelorettes beach beauty before and after bin laden birth birth story birthday giving birthdays birthing books Brave bunny business cameras careers celebrations challenges Chris Mann christmas christmas eve cold weather confessions conneticut constests country country music cousin frankie cousins cruises currently day-in-the-life deals death debt design diet disappointment Disney disney pumpkin donate dream house earache easter easter basket elections emergency room emmy rossum exercise fall family fashion featured posts finances five on friday florida football freebies fridays letters friends fundraise gender reveal gift giving gifts giveaway goals grandparents hair halloween health high school history holiday bucket list holidays home home tour house renovation hubby i won infantino inpiration intro iPhone iphone 5 jack-o-lantern kitchen labor life living room love Luminous married life marry-wed game matthew me memories merry christmas mickey mouse jack-o-lantern mickey mouse pumpkin milestones mommy meltdown monthly updates movies music my family rocks neighborhood New Jersey new mom new york niece oceans office pajamas parenting parents photo challenge photography photography business pinterest pixar PONDS post-baby pre-baby pregnancy premama prenatals procrastination product reviews project31 project365 pumpkin patch pumpkins questions quotes recipes republican reviews road trip Roads rock the ocean rolling stone sante fe saving schedules shopping shopping cart cover show and tell sick sleep issues snow so what social sponsored spring stress style swingset target tuesday tennessee thanksgiving The Croods The Little Mermaid The Voice things we love thoughts throwback thursdays TLC toddler tortuga music festival traditions trendy tot tuesday TTC turkey ultimate blog party vacation valentine's day videos vitamins voting vows walking weddedn bliss wednesdays wedding bliss wednesday weddings wednesday weigh-in wee bit wednesday weight weight watchers wife wine night winners winter wish list wordless{ish} Wednesday work working from home working mom year in review