• Home
  • About Me
  • Our House

4/19/11

2 day weekends

For those of you who dont know me personally, I currently have two jobs. I work full time Mon-Fri from my home, doing graphic design for a company out of state. Then on Sundays, I work as a restaurant manager where I've been working since I was 16yrs old.
Home Office

Restaurant

As long as I can remember, Ive always had 2 jobs. Ive always juggled a hectic lifestyle. From waitressing and hostessing. To Managing and my internship. To just managing and bartending, then to managing and doing my design career. Which brings me to my main point. Hardly ever do I get a real weekend. You know, the whole Sat AND Sun off.

I constantly have friends and family asking why I continue working both jobs. My originally theory behind this was, if I always keep the restaurant as a second job, I will always have something to fall back on god forbid I was to get laid off. Then it was, "well, if Im not working then Im probably spending money, and Id rather be making money than spending it!" The fall back on this is it sometimes sucks when I dont get to go with friends to the beach or concerts on the weekends. And seeing that the restaurant is only closed on Christmas Day, I dont always get holidays off with my family. And a day to myself to relax? Whats that? never had one before. My usual Saturdays off are spent working on our house, washing our cars, washing the dogs, doing laundry, etc.

So when one of our close couple friends told us they were pregnant, with TWINS! All I heard was weekend away in Orlando for a baby shower. (I know technically not a vacation, but Ill take what I can get!) So I put my request in to both jobs. Half day on Friday at the full time job, and weekend off at the restaurant. There were about 5 of us that were going to drive up to Orlando for the shower. So we were definitely making it a fun weekend. Unfortunately, we got notice about a week before the shower, that they were going to postpone the shower until after the boys were born. She had been on bed rest for about a month or two, but now she was really contracting and her doc wanted her to be put on hospital bedrest. So another one of her friends and I quick made a care package filled with magazines, candy, Belly Laughs, portable scrabble, UNO, etc, etc, and sent it to the hospital.

Although we were all really sad about the situation and not being able to visit them, I had already taken off. This meant what? A 2-day weekend for lil'ol'me? I started planning right away. Turns out Pompano Seafood Festival was happening that weekend, so Saturday? Check. And Sunday you ask? Well my sis and bro-in-law take my niece and nephew to the beach every Sun and I never get to go because of work. Not this time. So plans were made. And of course I had to take a few pictures to document my 2-day weekend. The sun was out, the sand was hot, and the water was gorgeous!






 





p.s. next time Ill remember to keep applying the sunscreen. I look like a lobster right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things i blog about

#Roads #SentimentalJourney 14months 2012 2013 3 months 4th of july about me about us advice anniversaries babies baby #1 baby blues baby boy style baby elf baby fever baby giraffe baby pumpkin baby shower baby-free weekend babys firs valentine's day babys first bath babys first christmas babys first easter babys first halloween babys first pumpkin babys first pumpkin patch babys first smiles babys first thanksgiving bachelorettes beach beauty before and after bin laden birth birth story birthday giving birthdays birthing books Brave bunny business cameras careers celebrations challenges Chris Mann christmas christmas eve cold weather confessions conneticut constests country country music cousin frankie cousins cruises currently day-in-the-life deals death debt design diet disappointment Disney disney pumpkin donate dream house earache easter easter basket elections emergency room emmy rossum exercise fall family fashion featured posts finances five on friday florida football freebies fridays letters friends fundraise gender reveal gift giving gifts giveaway goals grandparents hair halloween health high school history holiday bucket list holidays home home tour house renovation hubby i won infantino inpiration intro iPhone iphone 5 jack-o-lantern kitchen labor life living room love Luminous married life marry-wed game matthew me memories merry christmas mickey mouse jack-o-lantern mickey mouse pumpkin milestones mommy meltdown monthly updates movies music my family rocks neighborhood New Jersey new mom new york niece oceans office pajamas parenting parents photo challenge photography photography business pinterest pixar PONDS post-baby pre-baby pregnancy premama prenatals procrastination product reviews project31 project365 pumpkin patch pumpkins questions quotes recipes republican reviews road trip Roads rock the ocean rolling stone sante fe saving schedules shopping shopping cart cover show and tell sick sleep issues snow so what social sponsored spring stress style swingset target tuesday tennessee thanksgiving The Croods The Little Mermaid The Voice things we love thoughts throwback thursdays TLC toddler tortuga music festival traditions trendy tot tuesday TTC turkey ultimate blog party vacation valentine's day videos vitamins voting vows walking weddedn bliss wednesdays wedding bliss wednesday weddings wednesday weigh-in wee bit wednesday weight weight watchers wife wine night winners winter wish list wordless{ish} Wednesday work working from home working mom year in review