• Home
  • About Me
  • Our House

6/20/11

my control station

Of course, Im way late with the post, but what else is new? Every Monday is supposed to be a link up with the sweetest barganista Lindsey and her home tour series. I know Im a whole week late, but better late than never right? And that just means my take on the series will last one week longer.
www.thebargainblonde.blogspot.com

So you might be wondering by the title of the post which room were exploring today.  Last weeks room was either a spare bedroom or an office. And since I work from home, I figure what better to do than share my office, or as my friends call it "My Control Station." See, out of all my friends Im probably the most tech savy of the group, and a definite die hard apple advocate.
A little background on my job, I worked for a company right after getting out of college with the office literally 5 mins from my house. I worked there about a year and then the company was bought out by another company based in Boston. Unfortunately they dont have a office in Fl so we were all told to either move to one of their US locations or we would be out of a job. And well, you know us southern girls, we like to stay in the south, so I told them sorry, but "PEACE." I had till March to find a new job, so basically 7 months. Then the company realized, they had no one else to do my job, and really, there was no reason  I couldnt work from home. So 2 weeks before I got married, 1 week before we closed on our new house, they came to me and offered me a full time work form home position. SCORE!!! Conveniently, the office was closing the next month, and there were a few things in the office that our old owner had left and the new company couldnt claim, so our CEO called me and asked me if I wanted any. And this my friends is my Control Station.
Yes, you do see 2 computers. one personal and one work. The gigantic screen is what I inherited from the owner of the original company. Its mine free and clear. I additionally have a 3rd large screen in my spare bedroom thats not hooked up, that is supposed to be my "work screen" from the new company. But as I said, Im a Apple advocate, and the third screen is a dell (i know pathetic). The french doors we just put in less than a month ago. I love them!!!! They are sooo much better than the sliding glass doors that were inoperable, of course that is until the day we took them out and figured how to actually open them.
This view is looking the opposite way. The shelf I also inherited from the office. the door on the left opens to the backyard and the door on the right opens into the carport (eventually a hallway to a master suite). Of course Im showing some proud alumni swag with my FAU flag. The painting to the left of the shelf is actually a painting I need in college for my Painting 1 class. Its theme wa "Inside Looking Out" and shows the back patio and pool at my parents looking out their dining room window. Im so glad I chose that view. I cant count the number of times the backyard has been changed out there and love that I captured at least one of them.
I have another set of painting hanging on the opposite wall. Starting from the top, is a watercolor and ink painting that my Pop-Pop made before he past away. I actually never realized it until after he was already gone, that the boat in the painting is named after me, written small in ink it says "Lisa C." I had to have it and I have hung it in every place I have ever lived. The middle painting is a revisiting of a famous sisters painting (i completely forget by who as Im writing this). The third is a painting showing vantage point in a garden area at the college campus. The bottom 2 were painted in the painting class as well.

So that my friends is my "Control Station." I dont really have inspiration board for this room yet. Eventually when we close in the carport for an extra bedroom, this room will go back to what it is supposed to be: a dining room. Sorry again it was so late. Next week (or maybe if i get a chance this week) be prepared to see my Kitchen!

Want to catch up on my other rooms? (i know your dieing to! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment

things i blog about

#Roads #SentimentalJourney 14months 2012 2013 3 months 4th of july about me about us advice anniversaries babies baby #1 baby blues baby boy style baby elf baby fever baby giraffe baby pumpkin baby shower baby-free weekend babys firs valentine's day babys first bath babys first christmas babys first easter babys first halloween babys first pumpkin babys first pumpkin patch babys first smiles babys first thanksgiving bachelorettes beach beauty before and after bin laden birth birth story birthday giving birthdays birthing books Brave bunny business cameras careers celebrations challenges Chris Mann christmas christmas eve cold weather confessions conneticut constests country country music cousin frankie cousins cruises currently day-in-the-life deals death debt design diet disappointment Disney disney pumpkin donate dream house earache easter easter basket elections emergency room emmy rossum exercise fall family fashion featured posts finances five on friday florida football freebies fridays letters friends fundraise gender reveal gift giving gifts giveaway goals grandparents hair halloween health high school history holiday bucket list holidays home home tour house renovation hubby i won infantino inpiration intro iPhone iphone 5 jack-o-lantern kitchen labor life living room love Luminous married life marry-wed game matthew me memories merry christmas mickey mouse jack-o-lantern mickey mouse pumpkin milestones mommy meltdown monthly updates movies music my family rocks neighborhood New Jersey new mom new york niece oceans office pajamas parenting parents photo challenge photography photography business pinterest pixar PONDS post-baby pre-baby pregnancy premama prenatals procrastination product reviews project31 project365 pumpkin patch pumpkins questions quotes recipes republican reviews road trip Roads rock the ocean rolling stone sante fe saving schedules shopping shopping cart cover show and tell sick sleep issues snow so what social sponsored spring stress style swingset target tuesday tennessee thanksgiving The Croods The Little Mermaid The Voice things we love thoughts throwback thursdays TLC toddler tortuga music festival traditions trendy tot tuesday TTC turkey ultimate blog party vacation valentine's day videos vitamins voting vows walking weddedn bliss wednesdays wedding bliss wednesday weddings wednesday weigh-in wee bit wednesday weight weight watchers wife wine night winners winter wish list wordless{ish} Wednesday work working from home working mom year in review