• Home
  • About Me
  • Our House

6/7/11

the salon (aka living room)

Its that time again (although I guess technically it was that time yesterday, but you know me, i procrastinate) Linking up for the Home Tour Series with the oh so wonderful Miss Lindsey over at The Bargain Blonde (and Raven from A Momma's Desires & Pacifiers of course!) .
(Did you miss any previous posts: my boudoir and my stinky old bathroom?)

www.thebargainblonde.blogspot.com

I wouldnt say my living room has any kind of theme or organization (unfortunately). Hubs and I decided to not decorate it too much because for 1) our living room is also our dinning room right now and 2) when we redo the kitchen its going to make the entire living room look like a construction site. So here goes nothing . . .

As you can see, everything is a bit cramped right now. Eventually the dining room table we go into my office the dinning room once we enclose the carport as a an office 3rd bedroom. The couch is my sisters old one. It has 2 recliners and is a pull out bed. We never use it, but its nice to have if we need it. Both dog crates are in the living room, since we have no where else to put them. :( The bookshelf and mirror are actually going to be torn out to extend the kitchen by 1.5ft with a bar top. But currently it holds everything from paint and paintbrushes to picture frames and my flower girl basket.
Lets take a look at the shelf as a whole:
We could actually even play the "I Spy Game"! Lets see how many you can find :)
  1. I spy 2 wine glasses still in their boxes (got from bridal shower, they are the same but from 2 different friends)
  2. I spy a ring bearer pillow (yep from our wedding, what are we supposed to do with it now?)
  3. I spy an unopened set of pots and pans (another bridal shower gift Im not allowed to use yet)
  4. I spy 2 deer (hubs stuff, no explanation)
  5. I spy a half used bag of thinset mortar (b/c dont all of you keep this stored in your living room?)
  6. I spy a friends picture frame (me and one of my besties at my bachelorette party, cowgirl style!)
  7. I spy a basket (random storage)
  8. I spy scategories (one of my all time fav board games!!!)
  9. I spy a giant fishing lure (xmas gift to the hubs from my sis, it should hang on the wall eventually) 
The list could go on, but Ill leave it to just that. Here are a couple closeups for you.
1. Hubs and I when I was still in high school, we took a roadtrip to NJ in my dads truck with my parents to see my family up north
2. Our wedding invite (that I designed) and us cutting our cake (it was DELISH!)
3. Beagle stuffed animal my niece gave us as a gift
4. Beagle figurine my nephew got us as a gift
5. Hubs and I on my birthday in Cozumel, MX at 1/2 Senor Frogs the day after he proposed
6. Wedding photo
7. Grandparents on my fathers side wedding photo

1. Painting project from college
2. Lanterns (when you live in a place that has hurricanes you stock up on these)
3. Pic from Valentines Day
4. 1/2 empty paint buckets
5. Fishing Lure
6. Bridal shower gifts (candles, wine glasses)
7. Board games (Scrabble, Rummikub, scategories, oh and PS2)
8. Pic from my bachlorette party
9. Flower girl basket and ring bearer pillow
10. All hubs random hunting and fishing figurines (the bass fish mount is actually the first bass fish he ever caught, his dad was a taxidermist and mounted it for him when he was young)
Our end coffee table, some reads for you: Saltwater Fishing, Kitchen & Bath, and of course the latest VS catalog (i spend way too much money there)
Our DVD collection (age appropriate, although there may be a few inappropriate in the armoir, sorry mom) includes titles like:
  • Swat
  • Bruce Almighty
  • Friends Seasons (yes im an addict of the TV show Friends)
  • Waiting (hilarious, if anyone is in the restaurant biz you gotta rent this)
  • Blow
  • Super Troopers
  • You, Me, and Dupree
  • Fight Club
  • The Patriot
  • Catch me if You Can
  • Meet the Parents & Meet the Fockers (i should prob go buy the 3rd)
  • and plenty more
Since we had decided to not decorate this room and focus on the other rooms in the house, I havent really figured out what I want this room to be like. Here are a couple things Ive seen that I  liked for inspiration (i know theyre all over the place, but common theme = no light colored couches, dogs would destroy them)
If any of you have small living rooms and wanna link up to share some ideas with me go here and join the rest of us. Next weeks room is Guest Room/Office, crap I better go clean up my office :(

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're linking up with me! I really like your shelves, I don't know how you have wine glasses still in the boxes. I don't think I own a wine glass that hasn't been used. SAD, but true story. Those pics of you are your hubs are presh!!

    Have a great week girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue book shelves!! It gives so much character to the room!!

    ReplyDelete

things i blog about

#Roads #SentimentalJourney 14months 2012 2013 3 months 4th of july about me about us advice anniversaries babies baby #1 baby blues baby boy style baby elf baby fever baby giraffe baby pumpkin baby shower baby-free weekend babys firs valentine's day babys first bath babys first christmas babys first easter babys first halloween babys first pumpkin babys first pumpkin patch babys first smiles babys first thanksgiving bachelorettes beach beauty before and after bin laden birth birth story birthday giving birthdays birthing books Brave bunny business cameras careers celebrations challenges Chris Mann christmas christmas eve cold weather confessions conneticut constests country country music cousin frankie cousins cruises currently day-in-the-life deals death debt design diet disappointment Disney disney pumpkin donate dream house earache easter easter basket elections emergency room emmy rossum exercise fall family fashion featured posts finances five on friday florida football freebies fridays letters friends fundraise gender reveal gift giving gifts giveaway goals grandparents hair halloween health high school history holiday bucket list holidays home home tour house renovation hubby i won infantino inpiration intro iPhone iphone 5 jack-o-lantern kitchen labor life living room love Luminous married life marry-wed game matthew me memories merry christmas mickey mouse jack-o-lantern mickey mouse pumpkin milestones mommy meltdown monthly updates movies music my family rocks neighborhood New Jersey new mom new york niece oceans office pajamas parenting parents photo challenge photography photography business pinterest pixar PONDS post-baby pre-baby pregnancy premama prenatals procrastination product reviews project31 project365 pumpkin patch pumpkins questions quotes recipes republican reviews road trip Roads rock the ocean rolling stone sante fe saving schedules shopping shopping cart cover show and tell sick sleep issues snow so what social sponsored spring stress style swingset target tuesday tennessee thanksgiving The Croods The Little Mermaid The Voice things we love thoughts throwback thursdays TLC toddler tortuga music festival traditions trendy tot tuesday TTC turkey ultimate blog party vacation valentine's day videos vitamins voting vows walking weddedn bliss wednesdays wedding bliss wednesday weddings wednesday weigh-in wee bit wednesday weight weight watchers wife wine night winners winter wish list wordless{ish} Wednesday work working from home working mom year in review